Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this for a simple, tasty and somewhat healthy dessert. Leftovers are great the next morning with unsweetened oatmeal.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, chilled & cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 7 cups granny smith apples, peeled and sliced (about 3 lbs)
- 1⁄3 cup Amaretto or 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together flour and sugars in a bowl. Cut in butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add almonds and toss well.
- Combine amaretto and apple in a bowl. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.