Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe online. It's from a Bed and Breakfast in North Vancouver called A Touch Of English. I haven't tried it yet, but, being a big breakfast person, I plan on trying it very soon. I think you'll agree that it looks yummy!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large golden delicious apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a small skillet.
- Stir in sugar and sliced apple and sauté until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat and add liqueur or extract.
- Keep warm.
- Beat together egg, milk and salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook omelette, melt 1 tsp butter in omelette pan.
- Pour in half of the egg mix.
- Cook as for an omelette, pushing raw egg to outside edge.
- When eggs are set, cover with half of cream cheese and half of apple mix.
- Continue cooking for one minute and fold in half.
- Slide out of pan onto heated serving plate.
- Repeat in the same manner with other half of egg mixture, cream cheese and apple mix.