Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is also delicious with Frangelico (or hazelnut extract/flavoring) in place of the Amaretto. Please enjoy.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 dash salt & pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons butter (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large golden delicious apple, peeled and sliced (or 2 small)
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Stir in sugar and sliced apple and saute until apples are tender. Remove from heat and add liqueur or extract. Keep warm.
- Beat together egg mix and when ready to cook omelet, melt 1 teaspoon of butter in omelet pan and pour in half of the egg mix.
- Cook as for an omelet, pushing raw egg to outside edge, when eggs are set, cover with half of cream cheese and half of apple mix.
- Continue cooking for one minute and fold or roll and slide out of pan onto heated serving plate.
- Repeat for second omelet or use two pans.
I was so curious to try this. It was wonderful! The creaminess of the cheese with the sweet apple was really nice, and a fun twist on the stereotypical idea of a savory omelet. I used neufchatel cheese and Amaretto, and I did add black pepper to the omelet mixture. There was quite a bit of liquid left in the apple pan (butter/sugar), so I might try reducing it a bit next time (or perhaps I just had a very juicy apple!) Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap