1 hr 15 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
You could serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream but it also stands alone just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 325° oven, in a pie pan, bake almonds until golden, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- 2In a food processor or bowl, mix flour and 1 T. sugar. Add 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces (reserve remaining 1/4 cup butter for step #3). Whirl or rub with your fingers until mixture forms fine crumbs. Add 1 egg yolk; whirl or mix with a fork until dough holds together. Pat into a smooth ball, then firmly press dough over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable rim.
- 3In food processor (same one, no need to wash), whirl almonds and 1 cup sugar until nuts are finely ground. Add remaining butter and the whole eggs; whirl until smooth.
- 4Peel and core apples; slice 1/8-inch thick. Overlap slices neatly in dough-lined pan. Pour nut mixture over fruit.
- 5Bake in a 325° oven until crust is browned and apples are tender when pierced, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 6In a 6 to 8-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir jam until melted; add liqueur. Spoon warm jam evenly over hot tart. Return to oven and bake until jam bubbles slightly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Let tart cool on a rack at least 30 minutes; remove pan rim. Serve warm or cooled off.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Almond Tart
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.0
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.2 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: