Recipe by **Pebbles**
Pears can be substituted for the apples in the same amount. Very crunchy almondy flavor, and not overwhelming with fruit. Be sure to serve with vanilla ice cream!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray 10 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In food processor combine 2/3 cup sugar and toasted almonds and process until nuts are ground.
- Add milk, butter, flour, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Process with on off turns until combined.
- Pour mixture into pie pan.
- Peel, core and cut apples into quarters.
- Place on cutting board, and slice thinly.
- Arrange apples in nut mixture, fanning style.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- If edges brown towards end cover with foil.