Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 pie crust, single crust
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- 1 apple, peeled & sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted and sliced
- Prepare pie crust for filled one-crust pie using 9-inch pan.
- Flute edge.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Reserve 2 T sugar.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining sugar and corn starch.
- Add eggs, beating well to combine.
- Stir in butter, corn syrup and almond extract.
- Mix in apples and almonds.
- Pour into pie crust-lined pan.
- If desired, garnish with apple slices overlapped in a circle around edge of pie.
- Sprinkle center with almonds.
- Sprinkle reserved sugar over top.
- Bake at 375F for 50 minutes or until center of pie is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in refrigerator.
I was looking for an apple pie that could be used with a gluten free pie crust. This one looked interesting and we tried it. My husband and I both loved it. I also like the fact that the recipe is gluten free so I didn't have to change anything in it. Thanks.
I'm usually not a fan of apple pies. But this recipe was absolutely outstanding- melt in the mouth, make your mouth water kind of delicious. Its best eaten hot though. Thanks for this great recipe.