1/1 Photo of Apple Almond Muffins
Ames Shaps's Note:
I had some almond flour (labeled as almond flour/meal) that I wanted to try, but I couldn't find a recipe that was really what I wanted, so I whipped this up patching a bunch of recipes together. Surprisingly, these came out great! If you don't have any almond flour, substitute regular flour. I had some ground nut/sugar/cardamom topping hanging around that I used, but feel free to leave the top bare or add the optional crunch topping listed below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup almond flour or 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour or 1 cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, finely chopped (optional)
Optional Crunch Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line a 12 muffin tin.
- 2Whisk the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the milk and egg until beaten. Add the applesauce and mix to combine.
- 4Pour wet ingredients into dry. Add the chopped apples and optional nuts and stir to combine.
- 5Pour batter into muffin tins.
- 6Mix crunch topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Almond Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: