1/3 Photos of Apple Almond Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
woodland hues's Note:
Tasty and light, this cheesecake shines at many occasions and celebrations, and appeals to those also who aren't cheesecake lovers. This recipe originates in Canadian Living's Entertaining Cookbook Special, 1983. Cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time for crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml ground almonds
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml flour
Apple Almond Topping
- 1Crust: in small mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Add ground almonds, sugar and almond extract, and mix.
- 3Work flour into mixture until ball of dough forms.
- 4Place dough between two sheets of waxed paper and roll into 10" circle.
- 5Remove paper and turn pastry in 9" springform pan, gently pressing against side and bottom of pan.
- 6Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7Filling: in another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 8Beat in sugar, egg and extract.
- 9Pour into chilled crust.
- 10Topping: in a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- 11Arrange apple slices in circular fashion until used up.
- 12Sprinkle with almonds.
- 13Bake in 425F oven for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350F and bake 30 - 35 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Almond Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.2
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 187.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g