Recipe by Sharon123
Apple slices with nut butter are a great healthy snack. Now, this delicious flavor combo can be enjoyed in these luscious pancakes. For gluten-free, use gluten-free flour. This recipe makes eight pancakes. From Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson and posted on One Green Planet.
- 1 l/ 2 cup all-purpose flour (can sub 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or buckwheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (I use turbinado)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender, combine the milk, apple juice, almond butter, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the flour mixture, stirring with a few swift strokes until just moist. Fold in the chopped apple and almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 200*F. Lightly oil a griddle or non- stick skillet and heat until hot. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook on one side until small bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until the second side is lightly browned, about 1 minute longer. Repeat with the remaining batter. Keep the cooked pancakes warm in the oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.