Recipe by School Chef
I use this recipe when I stuff pork. It is great with a crown roast or a flattened tenderloin. I always have extra stuffing that U cook in a casserole for all of my stuffing lovers
- 1 lb loose sweet Italian sausage
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups granny smith apples, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups hot chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute sausage,drain and crumble.
- Saute onions and celery in butter till onions are transparent.
- Add apples cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth, and seasonings, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add sausage, parsley and almonds to cubed bread.
- Pour hot vegetable mixture over bread.
- Blending well.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Stuff your favorite pork roast or bake in buttered casserole dish.
- You can freeze this stuffing for later use.
- Cooking time is for stuffing only.