Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something quick and low carb. Pretty yummy!
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat the broiler part of your oven.
- Halve the zucchini and scoop out a little of the center.
- Combine the cheese, mayonaise and hot pepper sauce.
- Spread on top of zucchini.
- Broil until puffed.
- Cut into small serving pieces.
Nice change from too soft squash. I actually threw these together from with 10 or 12 excitedly chatting people "helping me in the kitchen". I agree that they should be precooked a tad. I also left them in the oven a liitle too long when melting the cheese so that a lot of it ran out. Think I'll scoop out a canoe shape cutting off the ends after. It's a keeper!!
This is a new regular at my house. I broiled them for about 5 minutes about 6-7 inches away from the broiler and they turned out great. Just the right amount of crunch and delicious too! I can't wait to serve them to guests. Thanks Mirj!
These were very good Mirj! I made them for my low carb breakfast. I might take another reviewers suggestion and slightly cook the zucchini first next time. Thanks for another great low carb alternative!