Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These go Soooo quick, I sometimes double the recipe. 30 minutes is standing time.
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 cup butter or 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (, or 1 Tbs. dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Heat butter over low heat.
- Add olive oil, and next 5 ingredients.
- Cook about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add shrimp and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Serve on large platter with toothpicks.
Who would of thought shrimp scampi would be this easy to make, and this good. Thanks again for another fabulous recipe Inez!! I actually served this over linguine, and there are no left overs.
"MMMMMMM...this is good!" were my daughter's (she's 8)comments as we sat down to eat this the other afternoon. I was looking at the scampi recipes because I had some shrimp and I was really glad I found this one that didn't use white wine...since we don't have wine or other alcohol in the house...I followed the recipe to a "T" except I added garlic salt for the salt, a can of diced tomatoes, and a little more parsley. It was served over spaghetti and my family really enjoyed it! Leftovers were just as good the day after for lunch! Thanks for such a delicious, non-white wine recipe! It's a keeper!
I liked this recipe. I would have liked to take a big bowl of it with some crusty bread and gone off into a corner to eat it all myself! The shrimp were swimming in the sauce so for next time, I would strain off the shrimp and keep the left over sauce in a separate container to be used as a dipping sauce, if someone wanted to do that.