Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Just rediscovered this Excellent APPETIZER, from the 50's. You can use other toppings of your choice. Also good with soup or chili. From my cache of "Olde" recipes but originally from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or Asiago, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coarse pepper
- Heat oven to 450. Melt margarine in jelly roll (15 x 11) pan in oven.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl, Stir in flour, milk, salt and garlic just until smooth. Pour into pan. Mix cheese and pepper together and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Cut crosswise into 1" strips. Then cut crosswise in half. Serve warm.