Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
Hi, Here is a great recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms that is easy to make and is usually goes over well. You can make these a day ahead and bake before serving.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (try to use large mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- Wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Remove and chop the stems.
- Melt butter in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushroom stems, celery and onion.
- Saute until the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, Worcestershire Sauce and seasonings.
- Mound the stuffing onto the mushroom caps.
- Arrange caps on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- If you like mushrooms, you will like this!
I added garlic and small pieces of shrimp to mine. We loved them!
I added cheese. I couldn't help it, I know other reviews liked the fact that there was no cheese. These were great! They were even better the next day when I took the extras for lunch.
Excellent! I used just under 8 oz of mushrooms, but left out the celery (don't care for it), used green onions, used parmesan flavored breadcrumbs, and sauteed in olive oil, rather than butter. Baked for 7 minutes at 400 degrees. They were delicious, but a bit salty (probably the parmesan). So easy and delicious!