Recipe by Darcy's Diner
Unbelievable taste combination & presentation, everyone will love this. And, best of all there are no calories, ok there are...but the taste makes them worth it :o). I always give out the recipe a few times when I make it. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed
- 1 cup fresh basil, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the cheeses & butter to room temperature. Blend until creamy the goat cheese, cream cheese and butter. Set aside. Drain & mince the tomatoes, set aside. Blend in food processor (or use prepared pesto if you need to); basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, olive oil. Set aside.
- Line a 7" wide by 5" high bowl with plastic wrap, and allow to overhang the edges of bowl. Layer 1/2 the cheese mixture, 1/2 the pesto mixture, 1/2 the tomatoes. Repeat layering so that the final layer is tomato. Fold the excess wrap over the top. Refrigerate at least three hours or overnight. Unmold by gently pulling the plastic wrap. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve with French bread and or crackers. If I have time I will slice French bread thin, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Then broil them until lightly brown & serve.