Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unbelievable taste combination & presentation, everyone will love this. And, best of all there are no calories, ok there are...but the taste makes them worth it :o). I always give out the recipe a few times when I make it. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed
- 1 cup fresh basil, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring the cheeses & butter to room temperature. Blend until creamy the goat cheese, cream cheese and butter. Set aside. Drain & mince the tomatoes, set aside. Blend in food processor (or use prepared pesto if you need to); basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, olive oil. Set aside.
- Line a 7" wide by 5" high bowl with plastic wrap, and allow to overhang the edges of bowl. Layer 1/2 the cheese mixture, 1/2 the pesto mixture, 1/2 the tomatoes. Repeat layering so that the final layer is tomato. Fold the excess wrap over the top. Refrigerate at least three hours or overnight. Unmold by gently pulling the plastic wrap. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve with French bread and or crackers. If I have time I will slice French bread thin, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Then broil them until lightly brown & serve.
All my favorite flavors, and so tasty with a glass of wine! I divided this into two tortes and froze one for later enjoyment.
I made this last night. I loved everything about it except that the sun-dried tomatoes made the dish exceedingly salty, even after having rinsed the sun-dried tomatoes. Next time I am going to try using sun-dried tomatoes very sparingly or re-hydrating dried ones, rather than using the ones in oil. I may also experiment with a little less butter and see if the taste and form remain the same.