Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Pillsbury's Holiday Appetizer Book 2007......My husband is THE biggest fan of grilled cheese in any way, shape or form and absolutely loved these for a party food, watching football with the guys, etc...Would also be adorable at a children's party buffet!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 24 slices rye cocktail bread
- 12 slices cracker-cut sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 slices American cheese, quartered
- Set oven control to broil. Place margarine in small microwavable bowl; cover with paper towel and cook on high until melted. Brush butter on 1 side of each bread slice.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place 12 slices, buttered side down. Top each piece with 1 slice Cheddar cheese and 1 quarter slice American cheese. Add remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- Broil with tops on 4-6" from heat for approximately 2 minutes. Turn sandwiches over. Broil 1 minute longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted.