Recipe by Meredith .F
From Pillsbury's Holiday Appetizer Book 2007......My husband is THE biggest fan of grilled cheese in any way, shape or form and absolutely loved these for a party food, watching football with the guys, etc...Would also be adorable at a children's party buffet!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 24 slices rye cocktail bread
- 12 slices cracker-cut sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 slices American cheese, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven control to broil. Place margarine in small microwavable bowl; cover with paper towel and cook on high until melted. Brush butter on 1 side of each bread slice.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place 12 slices, buttered side down. Top each piece with 1 slice Cheddar cheese and 1 quarter slice American cheese. Add remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- Broil with tops on 4-6" from heat for approximately 2 minutes. Turn sandwiches over. Broil 1 minute longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted.