This is a wonderful savory quiche-like appetizer, that can be cut into any size squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (unsifted)
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed butter flavored crackers (Ritz crackers are good)
- 2/3 cup cold butter (butter-flavor Crisco COLD may be used if desired) or 2/3 cup margarine (butter-flavor Crisco COLD may be used if desired)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups swiss cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ham (crumbled) or 1 1/2 cups cooked sausage, diced pepperoni, crumbled cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (with tops)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, well drained (can use more if desired)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare an ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll style pan.
- 3FOR THE CRUST: In a bowl, combine flour and the crushed cracker crumbs.
- 4Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/2 cup water (a tablespoon at a time).
- 6Toss with a fork until crumbs are completely moistened.
- 7Press mixture into bottom of ungreased pan.
- 8Prick crust WELL with a fork; set aside.
- 9FILLING: Sprinkle Swiss cheese, ham (or what ever meat you are using), onions, parsley and pimentoes evenly over crust.
- 10Beat eggs, cream, half and half, salt and pepper.
- 11Pour over filled crust.
- 12Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set (crust may bubble during baking, and need to be pricked with a fork again).
- 13Cool 5-10 minutes.
- 14Cut into 1-1/2 - 2-inch sqares/pieces.
- 15Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appetizer Quiche Squares
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g