Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious! Great for parties! Can be made ahead & kept in refrigerator. I make 1-1/2 recipe of the filling, because I like the tarts pretty full.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- PASTRY: Beat butter(softened) & cream cheese(softened) until smooth. Work in flour.
- Roll into long, thin roll. Mark off, then cut into 24 pieces.
- Press into tiny tart pans to form shells.
- FILLING: Melt butter in frying pan. Add onions(chopped) & mushrooms(chopped). Saute until onion is clear & soft.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, & thyme. Mix in sour cream. Stir until thickened. Cool quite well. Divide among tart shells.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 mn. Yields 24 tarts.