Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These have been an old faithful for the last few years. Everyone loves them and they are good hot or cold. The recipe came from a friends family cook book. During the holidays I keep a batch in the freezer and when unexpected guests or a spur of the moment get together happens I haul them out and reheat them. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 16 -18 slices bread, crust trimmed (square sandwich slices work best)
- Combine all ingrediants well.
- Trim crusts from the bread.
- Butter the slices and place butter side down into muffin tins.
- You have to push them in gently from the edges of the bread.
- Fill with meat mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
I bet these would be great using phylo dough instead of the bread...
This was just on the dry side, but was enjoyed non-the less. I think this would be great not really served as a 'hand' held, but to have a cheese sauce poured over. Thank You for sharing!