Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice, warm, RICH appetizer. It's great for those fall & winter get-togethers, and can even be kept in the crock pot to serve, as you wish!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 small onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- Brown burger and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, corn chips, Doritos, etc.
- Variation: 8 oz mild taco sauce may be used instead of the green chili/tomatoes.
- Drain slightly before adding if you use this as a substitute ingredient.
This was easy and amazingly delicious! I tossed the ingredients together quickly before running out the door to a get-together -- I used turkey and 2% Velveeta. When we got there, we plugged in the slow cooker and left for an event. When we came back, we gave it a stir and it was ready to eat. We ate it with scoop tortilla chips. People liked it so much that they skipped using their plates altogether and just stood next to the slow cooker scooping it straight out! Definitely adding this to my party food repertoire. Thanks!
This is hands-down the one dip I look forward to for special occasions. My family has grown to call this "Packer Dip" during the football season and "Fourth of July Dip" in summer. It's amazing how the few ingredients that make up this recipe create such a flavorful appetizer, with just the right amount of zip. The only drawback about this dip is that it's so scrumptious, I usually cannot eat the full meal served afterward! Thanks for posting! A recipe!