Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is easy and always a big hit at my get togethers, it's great with mini meatballs or Lil Smokies, to make it ever more easier purchase ready made frozen cooked small meatballs or you can make your own and cook them first, I use Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs see bottom of recipe for baking times --- this is great to take to a potluck :)
- In a pot combine the grape jelly with the chili sauce; add in the meatballs and simmer for about 45 minutes uncovered or until the sauce has thickened.
- If you are making my Parmesan meatball recipe use 2-1/2 to 3 pounds lean ground beef or use half beef and ground pork shape.
- Shape into about 1-inch balls.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place in the prepared sauce.
I used this sauce to make "worms" for Halloween... slice regular hot dogs length-wise into 4 slices and make tiny cuts sideways along each piece. When you boil them, they will curl up and look like worms!
I have been making these for years. My Aunt gave me the Recipe. Always a big hit at parties. This is an appetizer not an man meat dish. I don't add the pepper and It's very good. I use Armour meatballs found in the frozen meat section of your grocery store. 32 oz jar of Grape Jelly or any jelly really will do.. some use cranberry sauce. And two jars of chili sauce to one 5 pound bag of meatballs is perfect. Will make about 160 meatballs.
Perfect! It was just what I was looking for. I used a 3 lb bag of meatballs and halved the jelly & chili sauce. Everyone loved them! Yummm!