Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is easy and always a big hit at my get togethers, it's great with mini meatballs or Lil Smokies, to make it ever more easier purchase ready made frozen cooked small meatballs or you can make your own and cook them first, I use Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs see bottom of recipe for baking times --- this is great to take to a potluck :)
Top Review by SashasMommy
I used this sauce to make "worms" for Halloween... slice regular hot dogs length-wise into 4 slices and make tiny cuts sideways along each piece. When you boil them, they will curl up and look like worms!
- 3 -5 lbs frozen cooked small meatballs or 3 -5 lbs Little Smokies sausages
- 1 (32 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 2 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce (I use Heinz Chili Sauce)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot combine the grape jelly with the chili sauce; add in the meatballs and simmer for about 45 minutes uncovered or until the sauce has thickened.
- If you are making my Parmesan meatball recipe use 2-1/2 to 3 pounds lean ground beef or use half beef and ground pork shape.
- Shape into about 1-inch balls.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place in the prepared sauce.