A nice change of pace from the regular tortilla-wrapped pinwheels, these rolled appetizers are wrapped in the meat themselves and baked, then sliced. And they're great for folks looking for lowcarb appetizers, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper (tricolor pepper is nice, too)
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 large fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap or inside a large Ziplog bag; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Stir together goat cheese, cream cheese, and basil; spread evenly over each chicken breast.
- 5Top each with 2 spinach leaves and roasted red peppers.
- 6Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting with a short side.
- 7Secure rolls with wooden picks, and place seam-side-down in a lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- 8Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F (175C degrees) for 15 minutes.
- 9Uncover and bake 20 additional minutes or until chicken is done.
- 10Slice crosswise into 6-8 pieces, and serve on a spinach-lined plate, if desired.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appetizer Chicken Roulades
Serving Size: 1 (936 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 103.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g