Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this one yet..going to for Christmas. Looks yummy.
- 6 slices bacon, strips diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- assorted cracker
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove with slotted spoon.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, half and half, flour, salt and cayenne; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs. Set aside 3 tablespoons bacon for garnish, if desired. Stir green onions, sauteed onion and garlic and remaining bacon into the egg mixture. Pour into a greased 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool slightly on a rack. Sprinkle with reserved bacon, if desired. Serve with crackers.