1/5 Photos of Appetizer Cheese Trees or Snowmen
4 hrs 30 mins
What a cute way to serve an appetizer. Make one of each!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 -3 drops red pepper sauce
- assorted cracker, if desired
Have ready at serving time
- 1Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese; divide in half.
- 2Mix pesto into one half; mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into other half.
- 3Cover each half and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- 4Place cheese mixtures on cookie sheet.
- 5Shape each half into cone shape to look like Christmas tree.
- 6Roll trees in parsley, pressing evenly onto trees.
- 7Press bell pepper pieces onto trees to form ornaments.
- 8Press pine nuts onto trees in string to form garland.
- 9Top each tree with star-shape cut from lemon peel, if desired.
- 10Serve with crackers.
- 11For Snowman Cheeseball: above recipe enough for one large snowman or two small snowmen.
- 12Omit parsley, pine nuts and bell pepper.
- 13Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese; divide into 3 equal parts.
- 14Mix 2 parts to equal two-thirds of mixture;mix in pesto.
- 15Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining one third of cheese mixture.
- 16Refrigerate as directed.
- 17Shape each cheese mixture into two balls; roll 1/3 cup finely chopped blanched almonds.
- 18Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of snowman; press together slightly.
- 19Insert pretzel sticks for arms.
- 20Decorate as desired, with capers (for eyes), sliced olives (for buttons), chopped carrots (for nose), sliced cucumber (for hat a thin slice for brim a chunk for top), chopped bell pepper (for mouth) and fresh thyme leaves (for scarf).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appetizer Cheese Trees or Snowmen
Serving Size: 1 (1212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.5
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 690.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: