Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was a winner in the Pillsbury Bake Off in 1998. I have cut the amount of mayonnaise in half. You can also add whatever toppings you might like.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper (fresh or from a jar)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove one crust from pouch and place on ungreased cookie sheet, pressing out fold lines.
- Mix all ingredients well, except for the cilantro.
- Spread on crust to within about an inch of the edge.
- Fold the edges over and flute.
- Bake 25 to 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This is very tasty! I used cheddar-jack cheese and light mayo. I also used parsley instead of cilantro. Otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!
This is really good! I did do something different, though. I thought I had a jar of roasted red peppers, but it turned out to be sun-dried tomato sauce. I used it anyway, and the tart came out very good!Thanks!!!
Very easy to make with just a few ingredients. I might even cut the mayo back even more the next time.