1/1 Photo of Appenzoller Rosti (Pan-Fried Potatoes With Bacon)
1 hr 5 mins
From A Taste of Switzerland. Definitely comfort food! Potatoes, cheese,and bacon- who could ask for more! The original recipe calls for Rass cheese, which is a very pungent semi hard cheese. If you can't find it, use another semi hard cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the unpeeled potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain, cool, and refrigerate overnight (or for several hours). Peel and grate the potatoes on a coarse grater. Season the potato shreds with salt and pepper.
- 2Fry the bacon in a large heavy skillet until the fat renders. If needed, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add the potatoes, and mix to combine with the bacon. Gently press the mixture into the pan to form a cake.
- 4Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat until the bottom is golden and crusty. Invert a plate over the pan, and turn out the rosti.
- 5Add a little more oil to the pan, and slide the rosti back in, cooked side up. Cook until the other side is golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the grated cheese, cover, and let sit for about 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appenzoller Rosti (Pan-Fried Potatoes With Bacon)
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 600.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 15.2 g