A pork and cheese dish from Appenzell in north-east Switzerland. Taken from www.cookipedia.co.uk and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 480 g pork tenderloin, cut into 16 slices
- 75 g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- garlic, diced
- 120 g ham, diced
- 125 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 70 g flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pinch each of rosemary and sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 35 g Appenzeller cheese
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 g approx stale breadcrumbs
- 1Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to bash the pork slices between sheets of greaseproof paper until they are very thin.
- 2Melt 25 g of the butter in a frying pan and sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- 3Add the ham and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 4Add 1 tablespoon of the flour and cook for a further minute.
- 5Slowly add the wine, stirring using a figure of eight motion with a wooden sppon or spatula, so that it is absorbed by the flour.
- 6Add the herbs and seasonings, and cook, still stirring, until the mixture is thick.
- 7Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 8Add the egg yolk and the cheese and mix thoroughly.
- 9Spread 8 of the pork slices with the mixture, top with the remaining 8 slices to form a sandwich and pinch the edges to seal.
- 10Heat the remaining butter in another frying pan.
- 11Dredge each pork 'sandwich' in the remaining flour, dip into the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- 12Cook the pork over a fairly high heat for 3 or 4 minutes on each side and serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Appenzelleri
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2930.0
- Calories from Fat 870
- Total Fat 96.7 g
- Saturated Fat 36.7 g
- Cholesterol 1579.6 mg
- Sodium 2141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 456.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: