Recipe by Katzen
This awesome and easy recipe was posted by Donna Lilacflower from firstname.lastname@example.org, a Yahoo group I am on. I've made it several times and it always receives rave reviews!
- 4 -5 medium apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided (reduce sugar to 1 cup for sweeter apples)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash cardamom (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9" pie pan or glass pie plate.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Fill pie plate 3/4 full with apple slices.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the sugar, cinnamon and cardamom if using. Mix well and sprinkle over the apple slices.
- In a small saucepan melt butter or margarine and remove from heat.
- Add remaining sugar, flour and egg.
- Stir to mix well.
- Pour over apples .
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream.
- Note - The crust forms and goes through the pie. It is really a unique pastry.