Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Appelkalle (Swedish Apple Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slice day-old bread, crusts removed
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 2 tart apples
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml marzipan
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the bread on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Using the coarse side of a grater, grate the apples, peel and all.
- Spread grated apples on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Grate marzipan over apples.
- Bake until marzipan turns a light gold.
Very enjoyable quick lunch.. Very tasty. A great use for apples. Little work with the apples, but quite easy. Great recipe, made for 1-2-3 hits.
This was an excellent quick lunch. I especially liked the technique of grating the apple, will do it for all my sandwiches and panini's that call for apple