Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Appelkalle (Swedish Apple Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the bread on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Using the coarse side of a grater, grate the apples, peel and all.
- Spread grated apples on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Grate marzipan over apples.
- Bake until marzipan turns a light gold.
Very enjoyable quick lunch.. Very tasty. A great use for apples. Little work with the apples, but quite easy. Great recipe, made for 1-2-3 hits.
This was an excellent quick lunch. I especially liked the technique of grating the apple, will do it for all my sandwiches and panini's that call for apple