- 6 baking apples (Spy, Red Delicious and Granny Smith work well)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apples, cut into slices to form rings about 1/2 inch thick.
- Beat egg into milk and add to dry ingredients. result should be the consistency of pancake batter.
- Dip apple rings into batter and deep fry at 350* until golden brown on both sides. do not overcrowd, fry 3 or 4 slices at a time allowing plenty of space to flip the slices over.
- Drain on paper towels and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place on a tray and sprinkle with icing sugar. (also good plain).