Recipe by Chef Decadent1
Everyone loves these tasty carrots. The sauce is so flavorful and the orange juice genuinely compliments the carrots. I can always rely on this dish when I have company over and I have served it may times. Originally from a Company's coming cookbook.DELISH!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These were easy to make and looked great! I did think the glaze was too orange tasting and covered up the carrot taste too much, but DH thought they were perfect! Made for Eating Well in November Tag.
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger powder
Directions See How It's Made
- I steam my carrots in a vegetable steamer until soft.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Stir in the flour and brown sugar & a dash of ginger powder (if you prefer- the ginger can also be omitted). Slowly add the orange juice, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- When ready to serve. Put the carrots in a beautiful serving tray and if you want it to look even more appealing garnish with fresh parsley from the garden.