Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone loves these tasty carrots. The sauce is so flavorful and the orange juice genuinely compliments the carrots. I can always rely on this dish when I have company over and I have served it may times. Originally from a Company's coming cookbook.DELISH!
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger powder
- I steam my carrots in a vegetable steamer until soft.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Stir in the flour and brown sugar & a dash of ginger powder (if you prefer- the ginger can also be omitted). Slowly add the orange juice, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- When ready to serve. Put the carrots in a beautiful serving tray and if you want it to look even more appealing garnish with fresh parsley from the garden.
These were easy to make and looked great! I did think the glaze was too orange tasting and covered up the carrot taste too much, but DH thought they were perfect! Made for Eating Well in November Tag.
Great recipe. Very easy and tasty to boot. Made for PAC fall 07.