Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the way to light the end of a great meal. A flaming tropical dessert. Or over french toast or pancakes for breakfast.Try any tropical fruit you like.
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 4 firm bananas, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 4 scoops ice cream
- In a small bowl combine sugar, melted butter, lime juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush bananas with about 1/4 cup of butter mixture.
- Place bananas on center of a clean, oiled, hot cooking grate. Grill 2 to 4 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Slice grilled bananas and place slices in a flameproof dish.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup butter mixture into dish.
- Place dish on center of cooking grate. Cook 5 minutes. Remove dish from grill.
- Quickly pour rum over bananas. Light rum with long matches.
- After flames die out, serve immediately over your favorite ice cream. Vanilla is my choice.
Yum just how i make banana's foster!! i did add some vanilla and butter flavorings. I had some tropical ice cream (coconut/passion fruit) with it and sooo good!