This is the way to light the end of a great meal. A flaming tropical dessert. Or over french toast or pancakes for breakfast.Try any tropical fruit you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl combine sugar, melted butter, lime juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2Brush bananas with about 1/4 cup of butter mixture.
- 3Place bananas on center of a clean, oiled, hot cooking grate. Grill 2 to 4 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.
- 4Slice grilled bananas and place slices in a flameproof dish.
- 5Pour remaining 1/2 cup butter mixture into dish.
- 6Place dish on center of cooking grate. Cook 5 minutes. Remove dish from grill.
- 7Quickly pour rum over bananas. Light rum with long matches.
- 8After flames die out, serve immediately over your favorite ice cream. Vanilla is my choice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appealing Bananas Calypso
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g