Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe appeared on the web site "Food Day" December 27, 1997
Make and share this Apollo Potato Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, shredded into a bowl of cold water (6 medium potatoes)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Soak shredded potatoes in cold water about 5 minutes; drain and squeeze dry in a linen kitchen towel.
- Combine the potatoes with onion, eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Pour oil into skillet to a depth of 1/8 inch; place over medium heat.
- Portion 1/2 cup potato mixture into pan; flatten slightly.
- Cook 8 minutes until brown, turning once.
Toooo funny...I have no idea where you got the idea it would serve 6!! lol Fed two...Soooo good. Actually glad the family wasn't over. more for me
My mother used to make these when I was a child, and it was nice to make up a batch of them for my own kids. This is a really good recipe, a bit fiddly (the grating is the worst bit - I did it by hand grater), but well worth the end result. We had ours with dipping sauces - delicious! Thank you for sharing a tasty recipe James!
I have to give this a 5 star! So tasty! A little bit of work but well worth it. I must say I did add a little more salt and pepper at the end. YuMM!! Thanks for a great recipe James ; )