- 2 lbs potatoes, shredded into a bowl of cold water (6 medium potatoes)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak shredded potatoes in cold water about 5 minutes; drain and squeeze dry in a linen kitchen towel.
- Combine the potatoes with onion, eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Pour oil into skillet to a depth of 1/8 inch; place over medium heat.
- Portion 1/2 cup potato mixture into pan; flatten slightly.
- Cook 8 minutes until brown, turning once.