Wonderful old-time candy that we first discovered outside of Luray, Va on our way up the mountain to Shenandoah. We had stopped for our usual provisioning of apples before the week's camping trip and got conned by one of the boys into buying a box of these. We were all immediate fans. Hope you enjoy as well. Easy to make and fun to do with children.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/2 cup grated apple and gelatin. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Combine remainder of grated apple, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- 3Add apple/gelatin mixture. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Cool off flame until room temperature. Add vanilla and nuts.
- 5Pour into oiled 8"square pan and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 6Cut into 1" squares.
- 7Combine confectioners sugar and cornstarch. Roll candy squares in this mix.
- 8Store in airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aplet -Shenandoah Apple Candy
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g