Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for ZWT 7-Switzerland. Adapted from A Taste of Switzerland by Sue Style.
Make and share this Apler Magrone (Macaroni With Bacon) recipe from Food.com.
- Saute bacon until crisp.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix in macaroni and potatoes.
- Layer into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 350*.
- Meanwhile saute onion in butter until golden.
- Serve sprinkled with the onion.
Really enjoyed this. Used to have this as a kid when my mother would make it for us. Traditionaly this would be eaten with applesauce on the side but I didn't have any so I just made a salad. Sure brings back memories. thanks for sharing.