1/2 Photos of Apies Cookies
8 hrs 8 mins
This is a delicious old Pa Dutch recipe of my Nana's, which came from her grandmother. They are lightly crisp and buttery. Nana always rolled them almost paper-thin. Amount of cookies is an estimate; depends on the size/shape of your cookie cutters. Prep time includes chilling of dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add unbeaten eggs, vanilla and milk; mix well.
- 2Sift together flour and baking powder; gradually add this dry mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- 3You will may need to add up to another 3/4 cup of flour to make a dough stiff enough to roll out.
- 4Chill at least 6-8 hours.
- 5To bake, preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 6Roll out a portion of chilled dough on lightly floured surface very thin.
- 7Cut into shapes.
- 8Place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar or other sprinkles, if desired.
- 9Bake at 350 6-8 minutes or until edges brown SLIGHTLY.
- 10Cool. Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apies Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 46.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g