Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Spinach and ricotta cheese dumplings
- 800 g fresh spinach
- 500 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Wash and drain well the spinach. cook with some water and drain to room temperature Squeeze out excess water with hands excessively. This step is crucial, otherwise the gnudi will fall apart.
- Place the spinach in a food processor or vegetable mill and reduce to a monogeneous pulp. Mix with ricotta, Parmesan cheese, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Shape into balls the size of a walnut and roll in four.
- Drop the gnudi a few at a time in a large pot of salted boiling water and cook for a few mins - until they rise to the surface.
- Lift them out carefully with slotted spoon and serve with very hot butter, oil, sage, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- (Can also cook with all the seasoning (except cheese) in a pot for a little before serving).