Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Swiss Chard Frittata
- 500 g tender young swiss chard, trummed and well-washed
- 6 large eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 60 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the Swiss chard over moderate heat for about 10 minutes Drain well and squeeze out excess moisture, chop coarsely.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and followed by prosciutto and cooked Swiss chard.
- Heat the oil in a fairly large nonstick skillet with onion over moderate head. Pout in the egg mixture and cook for about 5 mins, until the eggs have set and the underside is browned.
- Turn the frittata by placing a large plate over it, turn upside down then slide the egg back into the pan, browned side up.
- Cook for 3-4 mins more.
- Take the frittata out onto a heated serving dish.