Aphrodisiac Oysters for the Barbecue
- 24 oysters, shelled
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 3 ounces fine dry breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Drain the oysters well then dry on kitchen paper or a clean napkin.
- Dip each oyster into the breadcrumb mixture, then into the melted butter and into the breadcrumb mixture again to coat well.
- Place in a hinged or hand-held wire basket and cook over hot coals for 3-4 minutes, turning very frequently- they will be done when their juices begin to run.
- Serve immediately.