Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Aphrodel is my grandmother.
- 1 (39 ounce) can yams, reserving liquid
- 1⁄2 cup yam juice, reserved
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup yam juice, reserved
- marshmallows, for topping (full- or mini-sized)
- Combine reserved yam juice, pineapple, honey, brown sugar, sugar, nutmeg and raisins.
- Bring to a boil.
- Combine flour and water (or yam juice), and slowly add to mixture.
- Continue to cook until slightly thickened.
- Place yams in 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Pour mixture over top.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Bake until marshmallows are lightly golden brown.