Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Authentic German Apple pancakes
- 2⁄3 cup flour, unbleached,unsifted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and the salt.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Saute apples in 1/4 c of butter until tender.
- Mix sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Toss with apples.
- Melt 2 T butter in a deep frypan.
- Pour in the batter to a depth of about 1/4-inch.
- When set, place 1/4 of the apples on top; cover with more batter.
- Fry pancake until lightly browned on both sides.
- Keep warm.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times, until all batter and apples are used.
- Serve immediately.
Awesome, simply awesome! Thank you for sharing this with us - it is very authentic and very tasty and easy to make!
Delicious! I have omitted the sugar for the apple filling (b/c the MacIntosh apples are quite sweet already), and using only about 1Tbsp butter to sautee apples, and then brush about 1/2 tsp on pan for each pancake made. I serve them with thick slices of bacon, and maple syrup... MmmMmmm, thanks for sharing!
These pancakes were absolutly delicious! I served them with warmed real maple syrup and some thick slab cut bacon. We easily could have licked our plates clean. Thank you for sharing this recipe!