Authentic German Apple pancakes
Make and share this Apfelpfannkuchen (Apple Pancakes) recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and the salt.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Saute apples in 1/4 c of butter until tender.
- Mix sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Toss with apples.
- Melt 2 T butter in a deep frypan.
- Pour in the batter to a depth of about 1/4-inch.
- When set, place 1/4 of the apples on top; cover with more batter.
- Fry pancake until lightly browned on both sides.
- Keep warm.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times, until all batter and apples are used.
- Serve immediately.