Deep fried apple "doughnut" recipe that leaves the apple ring whole inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add flour, hazelnuts, salt, one tablespoon of sugar and the vanilla to a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add apple cider and stir.
- 3Add yolk of 2 eggs and one teaspoon of oil and mix well.
- 4Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- 5Peel the apples and remove the core.
- 6Cut the apples in rings, each about ½ inch thick.
- 7Add 3 tablespoons of sugar to the lemon juice, toss with the apples and set aside.
- 8Add a pinch of salt to the eggwhites and beat until it is stiff, carefully fold it into the dough.
- 9Heat the oil in a deep frying-pan to 375°.
- 10Dip one ring of apple at a time into the dough and fry it immediately in the oil on both sides until it is brown.
- 11Drip off the oil.
- 12Sprinkle confectioner's or cinnamon sugar evenly over the rings while they are still warm and serve them immediately.
- 13They will also taste good when they are cold, especially if you serve them with some warm vanilla icing.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apfelküchlein (Deep Fried Apple Cakes)
Serving Size: 1 (1235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g