1/2 Photos of Apfel Topfen Taschen - Apple and Quark Filled Pastry Pockets
These delicious treats are found in bakery shops throughout Austria and Bavaria and are enjoyed as part of a continental breakfast or brunch with a cup of coffee. They are best made with authentic german quark "How to Make German Quark", but ricotta or even cream cheese can be substituted. Use canned apple pie filling or check out "Apple Pie Filling" for a homemade pie filling. This pastry can also be made without the apple pie filling, just increase the amount of cheese and sugar to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the puff pastry, unwrap and cut into 8 equal squares.
- 2Cream the quark together with the sugar, vanilla extract, egg and drained raisins, if using, fold in the pie filling and stir to combine. If using ricotta, drain first, the mixture should not be runny.
- 3Put a tablespoon of filling onto each pastry square, pick up the two opposing dough corners first, then the two other corners, press all four together in the center to make a sealed pocket.
- 4Brush with milk and place on a prepared baking sheet, preheat oven to 3125F and bake until puffed up, golden brown and delicious.
- 5Let cool slightly, dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apfel Topfen Taschen - Apple and Quark Filled Pastry Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 94.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: