Recipe by Charlotte J
Apple topping for coffee cake. This recipe is from Mrs. S. Hiller, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup)
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Easy to make and wonderfully delicious. Tasted SO like the Apfel Kuchen I remember my grandmother making! Thank you, Charlotte - and Mrs. S. Hiller, for this recipe! Made for the 2006 ZWT Germany/Benelux Dessert Challenge!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare apples and slice thinly.
- Take 1/2 of the coffee cake dough recipe #40265.
- Arrange apples in rows on top of dough slightly overlapping the slices.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of apples.
- Sprinkle top with butter.
- Bake as directed in the coffee cake dough recipe.