Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the newspaper the other day and this is from one of the famous chef in Malaysia Amy Beh.
- 4 -5 bananas, sliced thinly
- 300 g flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 325 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- Put (A) in a mixing bowl and add in egg.
- Add water slowly.
- Mix to a smooth batter then leave aside to stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add a ladle of batter. Cook for a while then add the banana slices. Cover the pan to cook the apam.
- Please note the coloring I actually use only few drops (1/2 tsp is only my estimation) just to have a slight yellowish color.