Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Aotearoa is the name Maori's gave to New Zealand, it means Land of the Long White Cloud. The recipe is from the book Fleur's Place and has been submitted for the Spring 2009 Cook Book Swap Favourite Recipes. This is a fabulous book, with beautiful pictures and stunning recipes from a very well known chef in New Zealand. Rick Stein is said to have wanted to do two things in New Zealand, dine at Fleur's Place at Moeraki and to have Bluff Oysters.
- 24 scallops
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50 g butter
- 200 g belly bacon
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 ml Pernod
- 200 ml cream
- Clean scallops, remove sinew and pat dry.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add bacon and mushrooms, and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Heat pan again, and add scallops cooking 2 minutes on 1 side then turn and add vegetables and bacon back into pan.
- De glaze pan by add Pernod and allow to flame.
- Add cream and cook for 2 minutes and serve.